Woman taken to hospital after Birstall flat fire

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation during a blaze at a flat in Birstall this morning.

Tuesday, 3rd November 2015, 8:57 am

Firefighters from Morley, Cleckheaton and Dewsbury were called out to deal with the small fire in the living room of a ground floor flat on Raikes Lane at Birstall just before 12.30am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman, said: "One female occupant suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to hospital by ambulance."