Woman 'disgusted' after finding dead earwig in her McDonalds burger
A woman was left feeling 'sick and disgusted' after biting into a takeaway to find a dead earwig.
Finding insects on your plate may be something we're more used to seeing celebrities do in the jungle on ITV, but it's not an experience we'd choose whilst enjoying a Maccies.
Louise Samuels had popped into McDonalds' branch at Cardigan Fields on Kirkstall Road during a work break on Saturday evening when she ordered the Big Mac to take away.
Louise, who works at Hollywood Bowl on the same leisure park, managed to eat half the burger before noticing something in the box the burger came in.
Upon closer inspection, she reeled in horror to realise it was a creepy crawly.
"I just felt sick and disgusted", said Louise.
"I didn't notice until half of the burger was eaten. I just threw it away.
"I was shocked more than anything. It's not something you necessarily expect.
"Especially seeing as you've already eaten half of the food - and there it is in the box."
Louise was unable to go back into the chain to complain as she was on a timed break at the time, but said she has since messaged the company about the incident.
She added: "What is worse is that I've messaged the McDonald's Facebook page and my complaint was noted, however I've had no contact back."
A spokesman for McDonald's said: “We are sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.
"Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.
"The restaurant team were not made aware of any issue at the time, so were unable to investigate and take appropriate action. As soon as we were made aware, a thorough inspection of the kitchen was undertaken.
“Our customer services team are in the process of responding to the customer again, in an effort to find a satisfactory resolution.”