House fire in Leeds leaves one person with burns

A house fire caused by a pan being left unattended left one person with burns, West Yorkshire Fire service has said.

By Jonathan Pritchard
Sunday, 21st June 2020, 8:07 am
Updated Sunday, 21st June 2020, 8:10 am
Fire crews attended the scene of a fire in Burley Road, Leeds.
Fire crews attended the scene of a fire in Burley Road, Leeds.

Crews were called to a property on Burley Road in Leeds at around 7.40pm on Saturday (June 19) following reports of a fire.

Two fire engines from Leeds and one from Hunslet attended the scene. WYFS said the fire was caused by oil in a pan being left unattended.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation and slight burns to the arm, and was dealt with by paramedics.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

A statement from WYFS said: "Two breathing apparatus and a high powered fan used to extinguish the fire and rid the property of smoke. One casualty suffered from smoke inhalation and slight burns to the arm and was handed over to paramedics for treatment. Smoke detectors were fitted and sounding at the time of the incident."

-------------------------------

A message from the Editor:

Thank you for reading this story on our website. These are challenging times but the team at the Yorkshire Evening Post need your support more than ever in the weeks ahead.

While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you. In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news on this free-to-read site, I am asking you - wherever possible and providing it is safe for you to do so - to also please purchase a copy of our newspaper.

Inevitably falling advertising revenues will start to have an impact on local newspapers and the way we continue to work during this period of uncertainty. So the support of our readers has never been more important as we try to make sure that we keep you connected with the city you live in during this time. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. We need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.

Our team of trusted reporters are working incredibly hard behind the scenes- from kitchen tables and spare bedrooms - to look at how we can do this and your continued support to the YEP will help to protect its viability in the days and weeks ahead.

For more details on our subscription offers please visit www.localsubsplus.co.uk/YEP, email [email protected] or call us on 0330 4033004

Thank you

Laura Collins

Editor