Outhouse fire spreads to a flat in Pontefract

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a flat fire
A woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a flat fire
0
Have your say

A woman had to be given oxygen at the scene of a flat fire in the early hours of today (Tuesday).

She had suffered smoke inhalation and was also treated by fire crews before the ambulance they had requested arrived.

The crew had been called at 12.18am to an outhouse fire which had spread to a flat at Blackburn Court in Pontefract.

Appliances from Normanton and Wakefield attended and used one hose reel, two crew members wearing breathing apparatus and a high powered fan used to extinguish the flames and clear the smoke.

Members of the reformed writing club Savage, pictured at Temple Works (Temple Mill), on Marshall Street, Holbeck, Leeds. Pictured (left to right) Robert St-John Smith, Peter Etherington, Heather Lloyd, Phil Kirby, Maria Protopapadaki-Smith (correct), Ivor Tymchak and Jamie Newman.

Campaigners urge new owners of cherished Leeds mill to reach out - and ‘help us tell and re-tell the Temple Works story’