Video: Teenager hurt after playing Pokemon Go near giant hogweed

Have your say

A 16-year-old girl needed hospital treatment when she brushed up against a Giant Hogweed plant - while playing POKEMON GO.

Leah Price was chasing Pokemon characters which were next to the toxic plant in her local park. After she accidentally touched the plant with her foot she felt an agonising burning sensation and she was rushed to hospital. Doctors told her it was likely the burns and blisters on her foot were as a result of coming into contact with Giant Hogweed. Her mum Emma Hayburn, 37, from Derby, yesterday (Thurs) said: “Leah’s foot has swollen up and she has developed these blisters.


Mary is the front runner for the Royal baby

Revealed: The favourite names for Prince William and Kate Middleton's baby