Video - Family’s £400,000 home wrecked by fire caused by faulty SOLAR panels

0
Have your say

Anthony and Angela McIntyre spent £8,400 having the 20 panels installed on their roof three years ago.

But a faulty inverter in the loft triggered a fire which gutted most of the four-bedroom detached house. The blaze started as the couple’s younger daughter Chloe, 15, was lying in bed asleep and Anthony dashed inside the house to wake her and get her out. They then watched from their garden as the flames took hold and left the house in Thornbury, Glos. a smouldering wreck.

CLICK FOR MORE NEWS HEADLINES

Advice was issued in the 1980s about steps people should take in the event of a nuclear attack.

Nuclear threat: How Yorkshire residents were told to protect themselves in the 1980s