Lawyers are looking into the source of a norovirus outbreak which affected 75 people in Leeds.
Several people affected by the sickness bug in February, including one man who was hospitalised, have instructed the Leeds branch of law firm Irwin Mitchell to investigate.
The firm said that its three clients suffered vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain following a meal at a restaurant in Garforth.
One was admitted to hospital and subsequently suffered a heart attack, although it is not clear whether this was linked to the illness.
Public Health England, which with Leeds City Council is investigating the outbreak, confirmed earlier ths month that norovirus was the cause.
They said that the highly contagious bug was passed on through close contact with someone affected, touching contaminated surfaces or objects or by eating food which has been contaminated after being touched by someone infected.
Investigations are continuing into where the virus originated from.
Amandeep Dhillon, a partner and specialist public health lawyer at Irwin Mitchell, said: “It is vital that authorities work quickly and thoroughly to determine the source of this worrying outbreak.
“From our experience, we know that those affected by this will be keen for answers regarding the source of their illness and whether more could have been done to protect them.”
The three victims represented by Irwin Mitchell had eaten at the Aagrah Garforth.
A spokesman said: “Aagrah’s priority remains the wellbeing of their customers. Our sympathies go to those affected.
“We continue to work closely with environmental agencies to help identify the cause of outbreak. “