Man taken to hospital after car fire in Leeds spread to house

The fire happened in Victoria Road, Pudsey. Picture: Google
The fire happened in Victoria Road, Pudsey. Picture: Google

A man was taken to hospital last night in Leeds after a fire spread from a car to a house.

Crews from Stanningley and Bradford were called to reports of a car fire at an address in Victoria Road, Pudsey, shortly before 11.40pm last night.

Also in news: Demolition of Pudsey factory destroyed by huge fire begins

A spokeswoman said that firefighters found the flames had spread to the house itself when they arrived.

She said two hose reels and a set of breathing apparatus were used by crews as they put out the fire.

Also in news: Flames and thick smoke ripped through Leeds high rise tower block

One man suffered smoke inhalation and was transferred to hospital by ambulance, the spokeswoman said.

Actor Adam Shaw filming "Saving Private Ryan" being shot in Ireland.

Leeds nostalgia: Leeds actor’s first job with Spielberg