Man suffered smoke inhalation after bedroom catches fire in Leeds

editorial image
Have your say

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Leeds.

Firefighters were called to the home in Cross Hills Drive, Kippax, at around 6.30am this morning (Tuesday).

One man inside suffered smoke inhalation and was treated by paramedics.

Crews from Garforth, Kippax, Castleford and Killingbeck were called to the scene after a bedroom caught fire in the home.

PA library file dated 09/04/2003 of a man smoking a cigarette. A leading medical journal, Friday December 5, 2003, called for an outright ban on smoking and cigarettes. The Lancet editorial pointed out that 80% of people in the UK were non-smokers. They had "the right to freedom from exposure to proven carcinogens," said the journal. See PA story SCIENCE Smoking. PA Photo.

Leeds Nostaliga: Back seat for bus smokers in 1979