Man rescued from house fire in Leeds

editorial image
0
Have your say

A man was rescued from a house fire in Leeds.

The blaze broke out at a home in Seacroft at around 10.30pm last night (Tuesday).

Two fire engines were called to the property, and crews rescued one man who was inside.

They then extinguished the flames using a hose reel, and a high-powered fan to clear the smoke.

The man was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Members of the reformed writing club Savage, pictured at Temple Works (Temple Mill), on Marshall Street, Holbeck, Leeds. Pictured (left to right) Robert St-John Smith, Peter Etherington, Heather Lloyd, Phil Kirby, Maria Protopapadaki-Smith (correct), Ivor Tymchak and Jamie Newman.

Campaigners urge new owners of cherished Leeds mill to reach out - and ‘help us tell and re-tell the Temple Works story’