Man rescued by neighbour after flat fire

.
.
0
Have your say

A MAN was rescued from a blaze at his first floor flat by a neighbour.

Firefighters from West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the fire at Fartown, Pudsey, on Saturday at 3.50pm. Before they arrived a man had been rescued from the flat by a neighbour.

A spokesman for the fire service said yesterday: “The brigade were called to a report of a flat on fire at Fartown at Pudsey. There was reported people trapped inside the first floor flat.”

The spokesman said when firefighters arrived the man had been rescued by a neighbour using a ladder.

He was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but did not need hospital treatment.

The fire brigade spokesman said the fire had involved a chip pan.

Appliances from Bradford and Leeds attended the incident.

For possible use in the YP From the Archive series.''10th May 1988''THE MIGHTY Mallard, pride of Britain's railway history, puffed into Leeds Station today with a raging thirst.''It was pulling such a heavy load - 12 carriages carrying 250 top Post Office customers and stamp collectors - that it needed extra water supplies at Holbeck.''"The last thing we wanted was the boiler blowing up on Britain's pride and joy," said Mr Philip Round, Post Office Information Officer.''Mallard was making a special run across the Pennines from Manchester Victoria to mark two major anniversaries:

Leeds nostalgia: Mallard pulls into Leeds to mark 50th anniversary of world speed record... in 1988