If you’re searching for a credit card, you should know that the days of calling your bank, asking for a card and hoping for a ‘yes’ are over.
Comparing cards online has truly put the power back into the hands of the consumer.
Using sites like TotallyMoney.com you can compare hundreds of cards online to see those which suit you best and that you are most likely to be accepted for.
Why you should compare credit cards
1. Know your options. There are many different types of credit card that could be right for you. Plan on making a large purchase like a laptop or a fridge? Put it on a 0% purchase card and save money by paying no interest for the introductory period (the length of this period differs with each card).
Or, if you’re going on holiday you could save by taking out a travel card that charges no foreign transaction fees while you’re enjoying the sun for a week or two.
With TotallyMoney.com you can compare many types of card and see which ones you are most likely to be accepted for, giving you more choice and helping you save money.
2. Get personalised results. By checking your eligibility for credit cards at TotallyMoney.com you’ll see your personalised results in a unique way, thanks to the Match Factor service. Match Factor looks at each card’s benefits as well as how likely you are to be accepted for it, so you’ll see the best cards for you at the top of your personalised results table. This makes it even easier to compare cards and find the right one.
3. Protect your credit score. When you compare credit cards you can check your eligibility for each one. This means you can see how likely you are to be accepted for a card before applying. Making multiple card applications in a short space of time can harm your credit score, so by knowing your chances of acceptance you can avoid rejection and protect your score.
4. Save some serious money. We know, credit cards are usually for spending money, not saving it. But if you have debt sitting on an existing credit card you could move it onto something called a balance transfer card. With these cards you pay no interest on a balance you transferred from another card for a limited time. This reprieve from paying interest on what you owe can cut your monthly repayments and help you clear your debt faster.
5. Improve your credit score. Many people use TotallyMoney.com because they are trying to rebuild their credit score or they have limited credit history. You can easily search for and compare cards designed for people with poor credit for free. The site even offers step-by-step advice on how to improve your credit score over time.
Find out more
Check your eligibility at TotallyMoney.com to compare credit cards and give yourself the best chance of finding the right one. It’s free, and doesn’t impact your credit score.