Leeds Trinity shopping centre evacuation 'caused by overheated fridge' at McDonald's

editorial image
0
Have your say

An overheated fridge set off a fire alarm at McDonald's in Leeds city centre, which led to an evacuation at Leeds' Trinity shopping centre.

Shoppers were evacuated from the city centre facility's stores, including its Everyman Cinema during a screening, at around 1pm yesterday (Sunday).

The precaution was taken after a fire alarm sounded at the McDonald's restaurant, in Briggate close to the shopping centre, West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed today (Monday).

A spokeswoman for the fire service said the fire alarm was raised after a fridge overheated at around 1.15pm.

It triggered the fire alarm at the shopping centre, which led to hundreds of people being evacuated.

trolley-dashed: The NGT New Generation Transport scheme was scrapped last year

Aisha Iqbal: Let’s all have our say on Leeds’s ‘son of trolleybus’ plans