Leeds robber who targeted six-year-old girl in taser robbery is jailed

Kial Henry.
Kial Henry.
Have your say

A VIOLENT robber who used a taser to terrify a young family in their own home has been jailed for nine years.

Kial Henry threatened to use the weapon on a six-year-old girl as she lay in bed during the incident at the house in Kirkstall, Leeds.

Henry, 22, and another man burst into the property as five family members who lived there were in bed.

A 19-year-old victim and his step father went to investigate after hearing a loud bang downstairs.

They were confronted by Henry and his accomplice who were wearing masks and clutching tasers.

Turn to page 4

Leeds Crown Court heard Henry went up to the teenage victim and used the weapon on him, causing him to fall to the floor.

At that point the victim recognised Henry, whose nickname is ‘Killer’,

Henry’s accomplice then threatend the teenager’s step father with the weapon and told them not to move. Henry then went into the room where the two children, aged six and two were in bed.

He held the weapon over the six-year-old and threatened to use it as the youngster cried for help and her mother begged Henry not to hurt her.

The 19-year-old was tasered again several more times before being forced into his bedroom while Henry made a search of his belongings.

Henry continued to punch and kick the teenager before taking cash. The attackers also threatened the family with a heavy metal weapon they brought with them.

The pair then left the property but Henry, of Gilbert Close, Kirkstall, was arrested when the 19-year-old victim managed to find out his name.

He initially denied any involvement in the offence. He later pleaded guilty to two offences of robbery and two of possession of an offensive weapon.

Shila Whitehead, mitigating, asked judge Paula Tyler to give Henry credit for admitting the offence instead of forcing the victims to relive their ordeals at trial.

She added: “He bitterly regrets his involvement on that day.”

Judge Tyler said: “During the course of that incident the occupants of those premises must have been terrified for their lives.”

Leeds, Sweet street, 28th March 1979'LIGHTING'Mr. Eddie Mullan, a lift engineer at the City of Leeds Public Works Department, Sweet Street, gives a last polish to one of the four old gas lamps that are to be sent to Germany.

Leeds nostalgia: Bits of old Leeds sent to Germany... in 1979