`

Leeds mum shocked to find syringe on a bus seat while travelling with her child

editorial image
0
Have your say

A mum has taken a photo of a needle she found while travelling on a First bus with her seven-year-old son.

Tara Parle was shocked to see the syringe embedded into the upholstery of a seat on a number 56 service from Leeds to Whinmoor.

Barrister found dead at Leeds city centre hotel

She approached the driver while the vehicle was waiting at Asda in Killingbeck and he disposed of the syringe.

Fire breaks out near Leeds city centre

Tara was travelling with her seven-year-old son Jacob at the time.

"I was on the bus to work from town and I found a needle stuck in the seat - luckily it wasn't where my seven-year-old had sat down. What is wrong with people?" she said.

"The driver was very quick to remove it. He acted as soon as I told him. I'm just glad no one was pricked by it; it makes you wonder who would even put it there."

First Leeds said:

"We were immediately alerted by the driver that a suspected needle had been found on board one of our vehicles and we can confirm that this has been safely removed. Our vehicles are cleaned daily and our staff are trained to deal with reporting any waste found on board our vehicles. We’d like to reassure customers that these incidents are rare and we’d like to thank the customer for reporting this to the driver.”