A dad from Leeds has won a fight to clear his name over a series of driving offences after he became a suspected victim of identity theft.
Adrian Rollinson, 37, was chased for more than 600 in fines by the courts after a variation of his name, "Adie Rollinson", was entered on papers linked to a previous address.
* Click here to sign up to free news and sport email alerts from your YEP.
The dad-of-two, of Armley, Leeds, found out about the fines in September, when court officials contacted his employers at Leeds City Council, where he works as a driver for social services.
* Click here to follow the YEP on Twitter.
He was told that a warrant had been issued for his arrest after he failed to pay two fines linked to the Bury area – where he had never even been.
Mr Rollinson then arranged for the case, believed to be connected to non-payment of car tax, to be heard at Leeds Magistrates Court, where he argued that someone had stolen his identity.
He told the YEP: "I went to the court and swore on oath that this was nothing to do with me. I couldn't understand why it had been linked to me when it clearly wasn't me.
"The name was different, the date of birth was totally different, and the address was one where I hadn't been for 10 years. I wasn't even told what these charges were, just the figure I had to pay.
"I've never been to Bury. Fighting this has been a nightmare and I've had to make several trips to court to sort it all out. I've been really worried about my job and my future."
On November 29, Mr Rollinson won his battle when the Ministry of Justice's West Yorkshire Collection and Enforcement Centre wrote to him admitting that they had a made a mistake.
The letter confirmed that Mr Rollinson's name was being taken off their records – but on December 23, he received another letter demanding the outstanding fines, totalling 235.42 and 380.
He said: "I was a real blow to receive the letter right before Christmas. It made me feel rubbish because I'd already spent the best part of 400 to 500 on sorting it out, taking days off work, paying for parking at the court and so on, all for something which had nothing to do with me."
After Mr Rollinson received the letter, the Ministry of Justice shut down for five days over the Christmas break - meaning that he had to wait until Wednesday to sort it out.
He is now considering taking legal advice in a bid to claim compensation for the money he has spent on fighting the case.
A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Justice said: "The letter received by Mr Rollinson on December 23 was sent in error - it was automatically generated by the computer system.
"The West Yorkshire Collection and Enforcement Centre has contacted Mr Rollinson to explain what has happened and apologise for the incident so the issue has now been resolved."
But Mr Rollinson said: "It seems a bit strange that this happened one month after it had apparently all been sorted. They weren't interested in speaking to me on Christmas Eve.
"It cast a shadow over Christmas because I was really worried. None of this should ever have happened."