IT MAY read like something from a maths examination but according to researchers it is an equation to gladden the hearts of tea drinkers.
People who work out TB + (H2O @100°c) 2minsBT + C(10ml) 6minsBT = PC (@ OT60°c) will have the art of making a perfect cuppa, say academics and Cravendale milk, produced by Leeds-based Arla.
Cravendale commissioned a study and research revealed:
* Optimum brewing time is two minutes;
* The ideal amount of milk is 10ml;
* Optimum drinking temperature is 60°C;
* Optimum consumption time six minutes after creation;
* Tea has a ‘shelf-life’ of no more than 17.5 minutes before temperature and taste alters to an “unsatisfactory sensory experience;”
* It has aromas of toffee and vanilla.
In the formula, TB stands for teabag; BT brewing time; C Cravendale milk; PC perfect cuppa and OT is optimum temperature for consumption.