Former solicitor sexually assaulted paramedics after locking them inside his flat in Leeds

Have your say

A FORMER solicitor sexually assaulted two paramedics after locking them inside his flat when they went to his home to help him with a foot injury.

David Marriott groped the women at the property in Leeds and told them: “I’m a dangerous man.”



Leeds Crown Court heard an ambulance was sent to the Alwoodley area of the city on June 25 this year after a report that a man was staggering around with an injured foot.

READ MORE: Couple jailed for having sex with 14-year-old girl together in Yorkshire hotel room

Kate Batty, prosecuting, said Marriott appeared very drunk when the paramedics arrived.

Marriott’s foot was examined in the ambulance but the paramedics took the view that he did not need hospital treatment.

They offered to give him a lift to his home nearby on Cavendish Mews.

Mrs Batty said Marriott, 53, lives in a top floor flat and the women offered to help him inside the property.

She said: “Once inside he closed and locked the door behind him.”

One of the paramedics went into the kitchen to deal with paperwork while the other went into the living room to help Marriott.

Mrs Batty said Marriott grabbed the woman by the arm and groped her over her clothing.

The woman pulled away from him and went to her colleague in the kitchen as Marriott said: “I am a dangerous man. I don’t care any more.”

Marriott went into the kitchen and turned his attention to the other woman.

He groped her over her clothing and kissed her to the side of her head and neck.

The prosecutor said she was left shocked and in tears after the assault.

The women managed to get out of the flat and drove off in the ambulance.

Marriott pleaded guilty to two offences of sexual assault.

Amanda Johnson, mitigating, said Marriott had written a letter to the court expressing his shame and remorse.

She added: “He was so heavily under the influence of alcohol he has little recollection of what went on.”

Ms Johnson said Marriott had been receiving help for alcohol addiction since the incident.

Marriott was given an eight-month prison sentence, suspended for two years.

He was also ordered to do 200 hours of unpaid work and take part in a 30-day activity programme.

Judge Robin Mairs said: “You did in previous times inhabit a professional world, but it would seem that your drinking took that from you.

“If you thought that losing your professional career was as low as you could sink with your alcoholism, you were wrong.

“This was gratuitous, needless and offensive behaviour to two women who were there as professionals to help you and had shown you considerable kindness.”