An investigation has been launched into a fire that broke out at a house converted into bedsits in Leeds.
Firefighters were called to Beeston Road, Beeston, at shortly after 12.30pm on Wednesday by a resident who had managed to escaped the large Victorian terrace.
Fire had broken out on the ground floor, but it was not clear why.
Three people were still in the property – a couple in an attic room and a man in a ground floor room.
They were advised to remain inside and the road was partially closed while the fire crews dealt with the incident.
A ladder was put up to provide oxygen to the couple.
They were later treated for smoke inhalation along with the man who raised the alarm. No-one was seriously injured.
Six firefighters with breathing apparatus and two hoses were used, along with a fan to clear the smoke.