Firefighters called to overnight blaze at Leeds tower block

.
.
0
Have your say

A fire has broken out in a high-rise block of flats in Leeds.

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service officers were called to the blaze which was sparked in the rubbish chute of the Poplar Mount flats, in Bramley, today at around 12.20am.

Firefighters used a large jet to control the fire, which led to one man being treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation and chest pains. He did not attend hospital.

Crews from Stanningley, Hunslet and Leeds extinguished the fire.

A police force has warned members of the public not call to them to report people throwing snowballs

Police force tells public not to call them to report people throwing snowballs