Farmer's hay store 'spontaneously combusts' in Harrogate

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters tackled a blaze at a farm in Harrogate after a hay store caught fire.

The fire, at the agricultural building in Moor Lane, Great Ouseburn, started at around 6.30pm yesterday (Tuesday).

Crews from Boroughbridge and Knaresborough were called to the scene, where they found hay on fire inside the building.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue service said the cause was believed to be a "spontaneous combustion."

Firefighters extinguished the blaze using two hose reels, pitchforks and the farmer’s machinery.

Members of the reformed writing club Savage, pictured at Temple Works (Temple Mill), on Marshall Street, Holbeck, Leeds. Pictured (left to right) Robert St-John Smith, Peter Etherington, Heather Lloyd, Phil Kirby, Maria Protopapadaki-Smith (correct), Ivor Tymchak and Jamie Newman.

Campaigners urge new owners of cherished Leeds mill to reach out - and ‘help us tell and re-tell the Temple Works story’