Emergency crews tackle kitchen fire in Beeston, Leeds

A man suffered smoke inhalation after his kitchen caught fire.

By The Newsroom
Saturday, 25th August 2018, 5:26 pm
Updated Saturday, 25th August 2018, 5:30 pm
Google image
Google image

Firefighters tackled the blaze at a house on Bude Road, Beeston, just before 4pm today (Saturday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

A West Yorkshire Fire Service spokesperson said: "One adult male suffered slight smoke inhalation. Oxygen therapy was administered by fire service personnel."

There was no need to call an ambulance. Smoke detectors were fitted and working at the house, the fire service said.