A prestigious plaque will be installed at the gates of the former Barnbow site to honour the efforts of thousands of workers during the war effort.
More than 17,000 workers, predominantly women, worked in hazardous conditions at the former Barnbow site, in east Leeds, to provide shells and munitions for British and allied forces through the First World War
The site was completely cleared by 1933 some six years before the tank factory was built to supply goods during the Second World War.
Leeds Civic Trust have placed an order for a Blue Plaque to be installed the gates of the tank factory in Crossgates to commemorate its work. It is hoped it will be in place later this year.