On this day: The news making the #YEPleeds front page

The headlines that made the front page of the Yorkshire Evening Post on March 7, 2006.

Monday, 7th March 2016, 10:55 am
Updated Monday, 7th March 2016, 11:01 am

Main story. TV host Richard Whiteley left a fortune of almost £4m in his will - and bequeathed a substantial amount to the women in his life.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The Countdown presenter - famous for his love of the ladies - left houses to two of his former partners and also made provision for another. The other main beneficiaries were his son, who will receive 65 per cent of his estate, and his old school at Giggleswick, which gets the other 35 per cent.

His ex-wife - the only woman he married - is conspicuously absent from his will.

He married in 1971, aged 27, but the relationship did not last long and he was reluctant to talk about it.