'The walls just collapsed': Two Leeds men rushed to hospital after Pudsey house fire as two dogs 'brought back to life'

Two men were rushed to hospital after a house in Leeds was completely gutted by a devastating fire - as fire officers battled to bring two dogs 'back to life'.

Friday, 24th January 2020, 1:05 pm
Updated Friday, 24th January 2020, 1:06 pm

The fire, on Chaucer Avenue in Pudsey, caused horrific damage to the building on Thursday night at around 9pm (Jan 23).

Witness Keilan Kogut described how the fire service rushed to contain the fire.

He said: "I just saw lots of smoke and flames.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire damage cc Keilan Kogut

"There were bits of plastic melting and falling from the roof.

"As the house is nearly all plasterboard on the inside, the walls just collapsed on the inside."

Keilan said fire officers battled to save two dogs during the blaze.

He added: "The fire men brought two dogs back to life.

Fire damage cc Keilan Kogut

"I want to also say thanks to the RSPCA that came and checked them once the fire was cleared.

"If the firefighters didn’t get there when it started within a minute, my grandma's house would have gone up in flames as well."

A West Yorkshire Fire Service spokesperson confirmed the details of the blaze.

The spokesperson said: "We got called at 9.23pm to reports of a fire at Chaucer Avenue.

Fire damage cc Keilan Kogut

"Two pumps attended from Bradford and one from Stanningley.

"Two males were taken to hospital.

"Officers rescued two dogs.

"We secured the scene and officers left the scene at 2.45am."

Fire damage cc Keilan Kogut
Fire damage cc Keilan Kogut
Fire damage cc Keilan Kogut