Elderly woman taken to hospital after chip pan fire in West Yorkshire

An elderly woman was taken to hospital after a chip pan fire in West Yorkshire

Friday, 21st February 2020, 11:45 am

Fire crews from Dewsbury attended the property on Centenary Way in Batley.

A chip pan was the cause of the fire, it was confirmed.

The fire was out on arrival and pressure ventilation was used by the fire service.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise


An elderly female suffered smoke inhalation and oxygen therapy administered by fire service personnel.

The casualty was transferred to hospital by ambulance.