Child taken to hospital after Leeds house fire

A child had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in Leeds.

Sunday, 6th March 2016, 9:56 am
Updated Sunday, 6th March 2016, 10:06 am
.

The youngster was at home when the incident broke out in the kitchen of the property on Lane End Croft, Alwoodley, in the early hours of today (Sunday).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Crews from Moortown and Cookridge fire stations attended but the fire, caused by an overheated pan, was out when they arrived.

The child was transported to hospital by ambulance.

A new smoke detector was fitted to replace the faulty one that was in the house.