TESCO has parted company with three of the eight executives who were asked to step aside amid its probe into a £263m accounting black hole.
It is understood that group commercial director Kevin Grace, UK finance director Carl Rogberg and UK food commercial director John Scouler left the company on Wednesday. Tesco declined to comment.
Britain’s biggest supermarket is being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office over an overstatement of its half-year profit expectations.
It has suspended a number of executives after it first disclosed the error in September. They include UK managing director Chris Bush.
Chief executive Dave Lewis said the suspensions would allow a “full and frank” investigation and that they were not disciplinary or an indication of guilt.
A probe by Deloitte into the affair, which involved rebates from suppliers being moved around to different periods on the accounts, found it had been overstating its profits for years.
Chairman Sir Richard Broadbent has already said he is preparing to step down to show someone was “carrying the can” for the scandal, which he described as “a matter of profound regret”.
The scandal has dominated Mr Lewis’s tenure as he battles sliding sales. Last month Tesco reported a 92 per cent fall in half-year profits.