Burned toast leads to hospital trip

A pensioner who left her toast under the grill too long had to be rescued by firefighters.

Tuesday, 2nd July 2013, 9:14 am

The 86-year-old woman from Regent Avenue, Harrogate, was making the toast at about 5am today. A spokesman for West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said her flat was smoke logged and she was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital. It is understood she did not suffer serious injuries and the fire in the flat was put out quickly.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise