Blaze in kitchen of Leeds home after dishwasher catches fire

High Ash Mount, Alwoodley, Leeds. Picture: Google.
High Ash Mount, Alwoodley, Leeds. Picture: Google.
Have your say

A blaze broke out in the kitchen of a home in Leeds.

Firefighters were called to High Ash Mount, in Alwoodley, at about 2.45pm today (Thursday).

A dishwasher inside the kitchen in the property had caught fire, and crews extinguished the flames using four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and ventilation fans.

Smoke detectors did not activate in the home, West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

Two crews attended the incident.

NEWSUBSTANCE created SPIRIT, a structure that will house 3,000 LED lights, use 10km of coloured string, it is 5 metres above the concourse and overall span is 24m x 14m. NEWSUBSTANCE are a UK studio specialising in dramatic, bespoke performance structures and have created pieces for Take That, Mumford & Sons and even the Beijing Olympics. .'17 November 2016.  Picture Bruce Rollinson

Yorkshire named UK’s leading region for creative industries