Blaze breaks out in home after tortoise's pen catches fire

A tortoise.
A tortoise.
0
Have your say

A blaze broke out at a home in Tadcaster after a tortoise pen caught fire.

Two fire crews were called to the property in Station Road at 8.10pm yesterday (Sunday).

Station Road, Tadcaster. Picture: Google.

Station Road, Tadcaster. Picture: Google.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze involved a faulty heat lamp inside the tortoise pen in the lounge of the home.

It caused damage to the carpet and smoke spread to the first and second floors.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze and the tortoise was unharmed.

15 December 2017......     Jo Cox's siter Kim Leadbeater, centre, with MPs Rachel Reeves and Seema Kennedy, launch the long-awaited final report of the Jo Cox Loneliness Commission at a special event in Batley. Picture Tony Johnson.

‘Let’s turn the words on ending loneliness into action’ says sister of murdered West Yorkshire MP Jo Cox