Big Disco in Leeds: All you need to know
AT 7.20pm tonight, 18,000 people will gather to dance beneath the world's biggest disco ball in the centre of Leeds.
You’re intrigued, right?
Here’s all you need to know.
- The world’s biggest disco ball - the size of two-and-a-half double decker buses - will be suspended high above Leeds’ Southbank through the night.
- At 7.20pm tonight, dancers at ‘Big Disco,’ a one-off street party in the centre of Leeds, will simultaneously dance to the same track. Part of the Yorkshire Festival, an estimated 25,000 people will take part across the county.
- The main event is taking place at Duke Studios on Sheaf Street.
- Children are allowed, with organisers encouraging people of all ages to come along.
- DJs including Craig Charles, Greg Wilson and Alex Metric will perform.
- An after party will take place through the night acoss the city after 11pm.
- Street food traders will be operating through the evening.
- Dogs are NOT allowed... they’ll have to dance by themselves at home.
- Other entertainment through the evening includes street theatre performances, a family photo booth, temporary tattoo parlour, glitter stations, rock star face painting, a pom pom wall, dance-offs and a DJ school.
And... you’ll be able to see video, pictures and read the full story right here tonight.