A £1m winning lottery ticket that was bought in Leeds has gone unclaimed.
Players had been urged to check the unique Lotto Millionaire Raffle code on any tickets from October 10, 2015. The code for the winning ticket that was bought in Leeds was BLUE 2873 7030. The lucky winner had until midnight on April 7 to claim their prize.
A National Lottery spokesperson said: “Unfortunately, I can confirm that the ticket-holder did not come forward within the deadline to claim their prize and has now sadly missed out on this amazing prize. To avoid this unfortunate situation happening again, I would urge all National Lottery players to check their tickets on a regular basis.
“We tried very hard to find the ticket-holder and it’s a real shame that they have missed out, but there is still one winner – the nation.”
The spokesperson added: “This money, and all the interest earned over the 180 days, will now go to benefit projects all over the UK funded by The National Lottery.”
WHAT COULD YOU BUY WITH £1 MILLION?
* You could treat your home to a 370 inch Titan TV at one million pounds a pop.
* Or purchase a SEAimagine submarine for ‘outdoorsy’ fun.
* For something a little closer to home, you could buy an entire block of 13 flats on Station Road in Leeds for £965,000.
* If you want to get out of town and enjoy that experience of a lifetime you’ve always wanted – you could treat yourself and three friends to a Virgin space flight, with four tickets costing around £178,000 each.
* Avid Leeds United fans could have bought Eric Cantona for £900,000 at the time of transfer in 1992.