Leeds beer gardens: Headingley pub named in list of the UK's best beer gardens
This Leeds pub has been named in a list of the UK's best beer gardens - with another West Yorkshire watering hole not far behind
To celebrate pubs reopening for outdoor dining and drinking, Big 7’s Travel asked their editorial team and UK-based freelancers for their expert pick.
And as punters head back out into the world for pints, crisps and banter in the sunshine, the battle to get a coveted bench seat in one of the best beer gardens in the city is hotting up.
-> 10 of the best beer gardens in Leeds - with no booking necessaryLeeds pub The Original Oak, based in Headingley, has been listed as one of the top pubs in the UK according to Big 7.
They said: "The Original Oak is in the heart of Headingley. True, it’s popular with merry students, but you’ll find in-the-know locals propping up the bar too. The beer garden is huge, with barbecues and a large screen showing live sport in the summer.
"Perhaps not one for the hardened CAMRA members but a good option if you’re looking to laugh loudly in a lively atmosphere."
The Chequers Inn, located in Ledsham, a village north of Castleford came in at number 10, shortly followed by The Original Oak, located on Otley Road in Headingley at number 11.
Only three pubs in the North of England made the top 10, the other being The Pump House in Liverpool.
You can also find two more Yorkshire pubs on the list. The Stables in Whitby and The Lister Arms in Malham, both in North Yorkshire can be found at number 12 and 18.
Here is the top 10- do you think they missed off a corker?
Best Beer Gardens in England 2021:
10. The Chequers Inn, Ledsham (West Yorkshire)
9. The Pump House, Liverpool (Merseyside)
8. The Fleece Inn, Bretforton (Worcestershire)
7. Stokes Croft Beer Garden, Bristol (Bristol)
6. Lower Lode Inn, Forthampton (Gloucestershire)
5. The Bellevue Tavern, Ramsgate (Kent)
4. The Ship, Wandsworth (Greater London)
3. The Cary Arms, Babbacombe Bay (Devon)
2. Pandora Inn, Falmouth (Cornwall)
1. The Square & Compass, Worth Matravers (Dorset)