ONE IN three of us will suffer from mental health problems at some point in our lives.
That is why, with your help, we are paying tribute to the incredible individuals who work in mental health through the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015.
Nominees in the Mental Health Worker of the Year category, sponsored by Schofield Sweeney, can do any job at all, as long as they make extra efforts to help people who may be going through the most difficult times of their lives.
Readers have until October 19 to nominate in any one of our 10 categories. This award will recognise anyone who helps people affected by any sort of mental health problem, in the community or an in-patient unit.
Mental ill-health can take all kinds of forms, from depression and anxiety to issues like bipolar disorder or eating disorders.
Our fourth annual YEP Best of Health Awards, sponsored by Sovereign Health Care, will be hosted by BBC presenter Clare Frisby at The Queens Hotel on December 7.
Chris Butler, chief executive of Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LYPFT), has called on NHS staff, service users and carers to nominate workers for awards to raise awareness of their “remarkable dedication”. He said: “People working in the field of mental health care can often be the unsung heroes of the NHS. It is incredibly important to celebrate the amazing and inspiring work they do – often in challenging circumstances – to support the people they care for.”
Eric Cargill, a primary care mental health team manager at HMP Wealstun, won the backing of judges last year due to his innovative approach to prison support through the likes of pet and music therapy.
To nominate health workers in any one of our 10 categories visit www2.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/healthawards2015.
- Mental Health Worker of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Special Contribution Award
HOW TO ENTER
- Get your nominations in now – click here to nominate by filling in an online form.
- Alternatively, you can send your nominations to Olivia Richards, Yorkshire Post Newspapers, No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. Mark your entry with the category and provide your nominee’s full name, job title, work address, telephone number and email address. Also include your own name, address, phone number and email address, as well as 200 words explaining your nomination.
- Winners will be picked by a panel of judges and revealed at an awards lunch on December 7.
- If you have any questions regarding the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2388134.