Whether they work in a caring role or act as an unpaid carer for friends or family, carers deserve recognition.
That is why we’re looking for nominations of anyone who is a carer, whether as part of a paid job or not, for the Carer of the Year prize in the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, sponsored by Sovereign Health Care.
Professional carers in with a chance of winning should be brilliant at their jobs, with endless compassion and patience with their clients.
We also want to hear about the stars among unpaid carers, who save the country millions of pounds through their devotion.
Readers have until October 19 to nominate their heroes for recognition in our fourth annual awards, which will be hosted by BBC presenter Clare Frisby at The Queens Hotel on December 7.
Nominees may be of all ages, from young children to teenagers, adults and even older people who may look after partners or relatives.
There are 10 categories in this year’s awards, praising everyone from doctors and mental health workers to community champions and people who have made a special contribution to health care in West Yorkshire.
Last year this category was one of the most difficult to judge, with many worthy recipients.
Samantha Rowley, from Leeds, came out on top for the way she had dedicated her life to members of her family such as her mum, who had myeloma.
The judges were told that she moved house so she could look after her mum at all times and had the house adapted to make it accessible for her brother, while working “all hours” to get it ready.
It was clear that Samantha was an incredibly caring person.
- Mental Health Worker of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Carer of the Year
- Special Contribution Award
HOW TO ENTER
- Alternatively, you can send your nominations to Olivia Richards, Yorkshire Post Newspapers, No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. Please mark your entry with the category and provide your nominee’s full name, job title, work address and telephone number and if possible an email address. Also include your own name, address, phone number and email address, as well as 200 words explaining why you have made the nomination.
- The closing date for nominations is October 19.
- Winners will be picked by a panel of judges and revealed at an awards lunch on December 7.
- If you have any questions regarding the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, email email@example.com or call 0113 2388134.