Dozens of health heroes have been nominated for recognition by YEP readers – but there is still time to praise an outstanding health worker.
With less than three weeks until the closing date for entries to the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, we are calling on people across West Yorkshire to single out an outstanding health worker for praise.
Everyone from patients and workmates to family members and friends have nominated some of the region’s best health care staff in our 10 categories so far but we want to hear more stories of everyday heroes.
Whether they are mental health workers, 999 staff, doctors, nurses or midwives, or if they are carers, inspiring teams or people who have made a special contribution to their field or the lives of others, they are all deserved of praise.
Readers have until October 19 to nominate their heroes for recognition in our fourth annual awards, sponsored by Sovereign Health Care, which will be hosted by BBC presenter Clare Frisby at The Queens Hotel on December 7.
Nicola Furbisher, managing editor of the YEP, said: “With the help of YEP readers we are determined to uncover and heap praise on those everyday health care heroes who often shy away from the limelight.
“We’ve had a fantastic response so far to our Best of Health Awards but we are desperate to here more inspiring stories – so get in touch before October 19.”
After the closing date for entries our judges will draw up a shortlist for each category. The judges will pick the winners based on information in the nominations.
- Mental Health Worker of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Midwife of the Year
- Carer of the Year
- Special Contribution Award
HOW TO ENTER
- To nominate fill in an online form at www2.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/healthawards2015.
- Alternatively, you can enter by post and send your nomination to Olivia Richards, Yorkshire Post Newspapers, No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. Please mark your entry with the category and provide your nominee’s full name, job title, work address and telephone number and if possible an email address. Also include your own name, address, phone number and email address, as well as 200 words explaining why you have made the nomination.
- The closing date for nominations is October 19.
- Winners will be picked by a panel of judges and revealed at an awards lunch on December 7.
- If you have any questions regarding the YEP Best of Health Awards 2015, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2388134.