Cinnamon Tortilla Chips with Creamy Maple Pecan Dip. Serves 4.
100g caster sugar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
4 Santa Maria Plain Flour Tortillas,
each cut into 8 triangles
250g mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp maple syrup
25g pecan nuts, toasted and
Oil for shallow frying
Fresh fruit, to serve
• Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
• Heat oil and lightly fry the Santa Maria Plain Flour Tortilla triangles until golden brown.
• Lift the tortilla triangles out of the oil with a draining spoon and place in the bowl with the sugar and cinnamon mix.
• Toss together well while still hot.
• Leave to cool for five minutes.
• Mix the mascarpone, maple syrup and pecan nuts and transfer this to a serving bowl for dipping.
• Place the tortilla triangles on a large serving plate and serve surrounded by the dip. Fresh fruits such as berries and figs are a perfect addition to this rich, nutty dish.
And finally, the only thing left to do is to put the kids to bed, close the door, switch on your favourite TV show and ignore all phone-calls. Put your feet up, relax and...indulge.
Recipe provided by Santa Maria.