Craig Bellamy has been the source of most headlines but Jay Bothroyd is widely seen as the player who makes City tick.
His 15 goals have been priceless this season and it's no surprise Cardiff's form has disintegrated when Bothroyd is struggling with heel and hamstring injuries.
His last appearance came on December 4 but he is likely to start tonight.
His form earned him an international debut with England in November and the 28-year-old is likely to attract bids in the January transfer window.
Cardiff's intention of winning automatic promotion might well depend on keeping him.
* Click here to watch the latest edition of our Leeds United preview programme The Boot Room.
* Click here to visit the Leeds United webchat page.
* Click here to take a trip down memory lane with our Leeds United action replay.
* Click here for read the latest views and opinions of our Leeds United columnists.
* Click here for round up of Leeds United's 10th anniversary fans remembrance coverage.