THE DEATH of a teenage girl after a night out in Leeds will resonate terribly with families across Leeds.
Every parent of every teenager regularly implore their children to take care on nights out. The dangers - particularly of drugs - are a hazard which many of us struggle to comprehend.
But for teenagers, eager to explore new experiences, it is a very real danger. Sadly, it seems, this youngster was one of the unlucky ones.
Have you downloaded the free YEP app available on Android and iphone?
Details are still sketchy but it seems she died after complications to the toxicity of MDMA, more commonly known as ecstasy. She underwent treatment but sadly died. Her family are devastated.
No-one should blame this girl.
Sadly, she made a mistake which cost her life but she won’t have been alone in experimenting with drugs.
Every night of the week young people across Leeds - and indeed across every town and city in the country - will take similar chances, but this should be a salutary lesson for clubbers.
Police say any illegal drug carries a risk and people are advised to be particularly conscious of the risks.
It will be cold comfort to this woman’s family, but if just one other young person decides to steer clear of drugs, then she will not have died in vain.