Members of a Leeds church are preparing to mark its 300th anniversary next month.
The Baptist Church in Rawdon will hold a celebration weekend at Trinity Church on September 12 and 13 for its tercentenary.
Trinity Church was formally launched in 1715, with the first Baptist chapel built in Cragg Wood.
In 1765 stone from the building was used to build a second chapel, known as Buckstone Chapel, on Micklefield Lane.
That building was replaced in 1892 on the same site and continued to be used until the early 1970s when the Baptists, Congregationalists and Methodists combined to form Trinity Church.
Ian Brocklebank, of Trinity Church Council, said: “The church was one of the very first local ecumenical projects to be set up. In the 1970s the Baptist church in Rawdon came together with the local Methodist and United Reformed Church congregations in the area to form Trinity Church.”
He added: “During the time of Cromwell the Baptists used to meet under Buckstone Rock, which is now on Rawdon Golf Course, when they were not able to meet publicly. We have an annual church service on Rawdon Golf Course.”
The church wants to hear from anyone who has had an association with the Baptist church or Trinity over the years so they can send an invitation and details of the 300th anniversary celebrations.
Organisers are also appealing for photographs or memorabilia for an exhibition. A buffet lunch will be held following the 10.30am tercentenary service on September 15. To find out more email: email@example.com or the church’s minister the Reverend Derek Allan: firstname.lastname@example.org.