Man treated for suspected gunshot wounds in Leeds after parademics called out

l
l

AN INVESTIGATION has begun into a suspected shooting in Leeds which left one man seriously injured.

Paramedics raised the alarm after being called to an address in Middleton on Sunday.

A 47-year-old man was taken to hospital for treatment to a suspected gunshot wound to the abdomen.

A police spokesman yesterday said his injuries were not believed to be life threatening.

The ambulance service was called at 9.43am on Sunday, but the victim was injured the previous night.

Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Bryar, of West Yorkshire Police Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said: “The victim had been walking along Thorpe Street with another man when the incident occurred at the junction with Acre Road between 9.45pm and 10pm on Saturday.

“We are conducting extensive enquiries to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident and would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw anything suspicious.”

A forensic examination of the scene of the suspected shooting continued yesterday.

Have you downloaded the free YEP app available on Android and iphone?

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID VERSION OF THE YEP’S FREE NEWS AND SPORT APP

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE iPHONE VERSION OF THE YEP’S FREE NEWS AND SPORT APP

San Carlos Flying Pizza at Roundhay Leeds 2

Restaurant review: San Carlo Flying Pizza, Roundhay, Leeds