Man saved from house fire talked to controllers on mobile

l

l

0
Have your say

A man rescued by firefighters from his burning home was comforted by operators right up to the point he was led to safety.

The 66-year-old became trapped in an upstairs bedroom of the three-bed semi-detached house on Pellon New Road, Halifax, after a fire broke out about 3am.

Crews from Halifax, Illingworth and Brighouse were mobilised to the incident.

A fire service spokesman from Halifax said this morning: “We arrived on scene at 3.15am, he was trapped in an upstairs bedroom and trying to break the window. Our control centre remained on the line with him until we got there.”

The man was led to safety by fire crews and taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation.

14 June 2017 .......    Residents Carl Ackroyd and Antony Johnstone in Poplar Mount, Bramley have voiced concerns about the council's response following a fire which led to three floors being evacuated and four people suffering smoke inhalation. In the corridor on the ninth flloor a settee was deliberately set on fire causingt considerable damage. Picture Tony Johnson

Urgent fire safety action plan for Leeds private sector flats after Grenfell tragedy