Man hospitalised after fire in Leeds flat

Firefighters were called to Deanswood Garth in Moortown this morning. Picture: Google

Firefighters were called to Deanswood Garth in Moortown this morning. Picture: Google

A man was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a Leeds flat today.

Firefighters were called to Deanswood Garth in Moortown shortly after 11am.

A fire service spokesman said a 64-year-old had suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Crews from Moortown and Cookridge used four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reels while putting out the fire.

Positive pressure ventilation was also used to clear the smoke from the flat.

Date: 23rd June 2017.
Picture James Hardisty.
Leeds marketing firm Banana Kick, based at The Engine Room, Roundhouse Business Park, Grainers Way, Leeds, have encouraged staff to bring their dogs to work on Bring a Dog to Work Day.
Pictured Sasha Russell, with 'Hetty', her Miniature Dachshund at her work station.

Dogs take up their desks for a day’s work