Leeds United star Alex Bruce walked away uninjured from a motorway smash and admitted: "I was lucky."
The accident happened while the player was driving on the M1 to United's Thorp Arch training complex near Wetherby on Thursday morning.
Bruce was approaching junction 45 of the motorway at Stourton when around half-a-dozen cars in front of him began to skid during a snow storm.
The central defender then had to swerve to avoid a vehicle that had spun 180 degrees in the road and come to a halt.
His car went off the carriageway and careered over a grass bank before slamming into a road sign.
The vehicle was written off but 26-year-old Bruce - its only occupant - was unhurt.
* Click here to watch the latest edition of our Leeds United preview programme The Boot Room.
* Click here to visit the Leeds United webchat page.
* Click here to take a trip down memory lane with our Leeds United action replay.
* Click here for read the latest views and opinions of our Leeds United columnists.
* Click here for round up of Leeds United's 10th anniversary fans remembrance coverage.