Leeds pensioner hurt in bedroom blaze

.
.
0
Have your say

A PENSIONER suffered smoke inhalation after a bedroom heater caught fire at a house in the Hunslet area of Leeds.

Firefighters were called to an address on Rosedale Gardens at 12.06am this morning. (Sat Oct 29).

A West Yorkshire Fire Service spokesman said a portable heater had overheated and filled a bedroom at the property with smoke.

An elderly man suffered smoke inhalation and ambulance was requested for precautionary check up.

File photo  of an Aldi store, as the supermarket saw sales jump to record heights despite profits slipping by nearly a fifth as the supermarket drove investment into cutting prices and expanding its reach. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Issue date: Monday September 25, 2017. The German discount grocer said annual sales in the UK and Ireland rose 13.5% to �8.7 billion in 2016, with the firm enticing more than one million new customers into its stores over the period.  Photo: Anthony Devlin/PA Wire

Aldi sees sales jump to record heights