The spirit of Christmas has arrived in Leeds today with the opening of Christkindelmarkt in Millennium Square.
The day after the official Christmas lights switch-on, Millennium Square has been transformed into a small slice of Germany with traditional wooden chalet stalls selling seasonal gifts ranging from handcrafted toys, jewellery and Christmas decorations.
* Click here to view the Leeds Millennnium Square webcam.
Now in its eighth year, more than 40 German traders are in Leeds for Christkindelmarkt, which runs until December 20.
As well as Christmas gifts, the market offers people the chance to sample traditional German food and drink – including Bratwurst and Goulash, washed down with a warming Gluhwein or beer from the 'Frankfurter Scheune' – a handcrafted authentic bierkeller.
The market and funfair is open daily from 10.30am to 9pm on Monday to Saturday and 10.30am to 8pm on Sunday.
* Click here to follow the YEP on Twitter.
* Click here to become a fan of the YEP on Facebook.
* Click here to add your name and location to our Leeds Ex-Pats Map.
* Click here to watch the latest YEP weather report.
* Click here to watch the latest edition of YEP TV.