A woman who was taking a shower managed to escape her Leeds house after her kitchen caught fire.
The woman, in her 30s, was in her bathroom at her house on Whitehall Road, Lower Wortley, when her smoke alarms went off at about midday on Tuesday.
An electrical fault in her kitchen had caused the units and gas meter to catch fire.
She managed to get out of the house and call the fire service.
Two fire engines from Hunslet fire station were called. Firefighters had to break into the back of the property to tackle the blaze.
The kitchen was left completely gutted. The woman was taken to hospital for precautionary checks after breathing in smoke.