A toddler has died after becoming entangled in a window blind cord during a game of hide and seek with her brother that went tragically wrong.
Two-year-old Sophie Allen was discovered hanging behind a curtain by her mother Danielle Hudson in their home in Sunderland.
Despite efforts to revive her daughter, Sophie died in hospital almost a week later having been placed in an induced coma.
Miss Hudson said she initially became aware something was wrong when her four-year-old son came and told her that Sophie was stuck.
She was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital and then onto Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary before dying on Saturday.
Ms Hudson, 28, has warned other parents to tie blind cords out of the way and make sure they were out of reach from children.
Police said a report had been prepared for the coroner.