Academic staff from the University of Leeds were today meeting to decide whether to strike in their fight against job cuts.
Talks between the university and the University and College Union (UCU) broke down last week when the union demanded a guarantee of no compulsory redundancies and vice-chancellor Professor Michael Arthur called that an "impossible demand".
* Click here to watch latest YEP news and sport video reports.
The union organised an emergency general meeting for today when members will vote on what form of industrial action to take.
The row revolves around cost-cutting plans.
The university has said up to 60 jobs could be lost from its biological sciences department and it is carrying out a separate review aimed at making savings of 35m from 2011, which the union fears could see up to 700 jobs being axed.
* Click here for latest YEP news and sport picture slideshows.
* Click here to follow the YEP on Twitter.
* Click here to become a fan of the YEP on Facebook.
* Click here to sign up to free news and sport email alerts from your YEP.
* Click here for latest YEP traffic and travel news.
* Click here to view the Leeds Millennnium Square webcam.
* Click here to add your name and location to our Leeds Ex-Pats Map.